Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA on Nexus 5k?

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hey

Its a simple question.....does the Nexus 5K support IP SLA?

I find the 7k has a guide to configure SLA but those commands are not available in the 5k. There is also no option to enable the feature.

Why would it not support SLA?

If they are DC switches, surely its conceivable that you may want to set them up as SLA sources or responders?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Currently no , none of my 5ks support it , last time I checked as well few months back it wasn't even on the roadmaps yet for 5ks and I have a variation of platforms and versions running cant see it on any of them , most are running ver7 or higher

its definitely on 7ks alright I can see it in the feature list

xxxxxxx# sh feature | i sla
sla_responder         1         disabled
sla_sender            1         disabled
xxxxxxx#

Not sure why Cisco have left it out of 5ks as some use these as there DC core in smaller offices instead of 7ks , maybe someone from Cisco can jump in here as theres  lot of people wanting this im sure it has been raised through enhancements at some point

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Currently no , none of my 5ks support it , last time I checked as well few months back it wasn't even on the roadmaps yet for 5ks and I have a variation of platforms and versions running cant see it on any of them , most are running ver7 or higher

its definitely on 7ks alright I can see it in the feature list

xxxxxxx# sh feature | i sla
sla_responder         1         disabled
sla_sender            1         disabled
xxxxxxx#

Not sure why Cisco have left it out of 5ks as some use these as there DC core in smaller offices instead of 7ks , maybe someone from Cisco can jump in here as theres  lot of people wanting this im sure it has been raised through enhancements at some point

Thanks for confirming Mark.

Seems an odd thing to leave out, can't imagine it uses much system resource and I can't understand why the 7k supports it but the 5k doesn't.

Hopefully Cisco add it soon!

Unfortunately still not on the 5600 platforms on 7.3(3)N1.1. This seems like a stupid feature to leave off. Yet another thing that puts me off the NXOS platform. I would find it very useful, but instead I have to have a bunch of VM's running to monitor the status from different locations, which is a pain to set up and not as close to the links as the devices on each end.

dilip.kulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Our Nexus 5Ks are  on 7.3(5)N1(1) - any idea if the ip sla feature is supported on this version?

When I type "show feature | i sla" the output is blank.

Thanks in advance.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card