Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSERVICE License upgrade

indiantrails
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
I have two WS-C3750X-48T-S which is "IP BASE" licensed, which are connected as stack.

I need to use Policy Based Routing (PBR) to direct Vlans to two different gateways, and command "ip policy route-map" which is supported only in C3750-IPSERVICES license.
Do I need upgrade only master switch with Cisco IOS IP Services - product upgrade license
Mfg. Part#: L-C3750X-48-S-E, or both switches need to be upgraded? I am not sure if I need one or two licenses?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

20 Replies 20

Reza Sharifi wrote:

Usually the 3750X series come with a universal image and then base on the license you enable features.

Thank you for your answer Reza, the switches that we purchased came with IPBase image. What do you suggest to do.

I contacted with our Cisco supplier but I still waiting for respond. How Cisco hanle that situation?

If you have a SmartNet contract with Cisco and a CCO account, you can simply download the universal image yourself, load it on the device during an outage window and test it.

If you have a lab environment and a spare switch, you should try it on that first before doing it in production

HTH

I have CCO account and I can download other IOS software but next to  UNIVERSAL image I see Additional Entitlement Required.

Oh, yes, I have seen that.  You need to talk to your Cisco SE or account manager, so they can give you access or they can load it on an FTP server and send you a link so you can download it.

This is just update to the Topic, as we see at the picture below only UNIVERSAL image supports PBR

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Now if I had, say, five sites each with switch stacks (with more than two switches per stack) the issue becomes bigger. In such a case I would counsel having the license on a master and secondary stack member (and use priority commands to force election of that secondary switch in the event of master failure).

BTW, it's my understanding stack master election gives IP Service images implicit priority over IP Base images.  I.e. using stack member priority might not be required if you leave all the switches at the same priority.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card