cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is IPBASE License free of cost for Catalyst Switches ?

rupesh00111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Regarding IP base license I have below question...pls help.

1. Is IPBASE License free of cost for all Catalyst Switches ? or it is free of cost for Catalyst 4500 series switches only?

2. if it is free of cost can I upgrade all of my Catalyst Switches / Catalyst 4500 switches from LAN base to ipbase?

3. if it is free what is procedure to get this license file ?

4. What if my point of sales is charging ipbase license for 4500 switches?

BR

Rupesh

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
Most switches just come with lanbase not ipbase , i just bought load 45s and had to pay for the licenses they came with lanbase but i got ipbase DNA license was about 3000 with discount
no its not free its paid for license only and provided by resller
they should be charging its standard these days

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Q:1. Is IPBASE License free of cost for all Catalyst Switches ? or it is free of cost for Catalyst 4500 series switches only?

Ans: Yes it is free if you are going to 4507 with redundant supervisors. 

Q2. if it is free of cost can I upgrade all of my Catalyst Switches / Catalyst 4500 switches from LAN base to ipbase?

Ans: No

Q3.  if it is free what is the procedure to get this license file?

Ans: During the order placement, switch selector will give the option to add this license to your bucket. But after the order, you need to contact your vendor.

Q4. What if my point of sales is charging ipbase license for 4500 switches?

Ans: If you are going to 4507 with the redundant supervisor then you can contact Cisco account manager. I am not sure about any other person. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi Deepak and Mark 

Thanks for your reply....!

@deepak

As of now I have got IPBASE License from TAC for 4503, 4506, 4510 even if IPBASE was not mentioned in Cisco record for those switch serial numbers. TAC provide me the license file mentioning it is free of cost. 

But when I raise TAC case for other switch Engineer said it is free of cost but you  need to connect with your sale point of contact. 

If i asked our point of sales they are mentioning it is paid and provide quotation with X amount. 

Now if TAC is mentioning ipbase is free of cost then why vendor is charging for free of cost license  ...I am not sure... 

Is there anyone from Cisco Licensing team here may provide more details on it. and how it works ...what are T&C? so that I can confirm to management accordingly...

BRR

You could email them or call TAC front line and ask them to put you through to the license team , i believe it can also depend on the sups you purchase whether ipbase is free or not 45s , if its sup7 they can come with lanbase , i just bought sup8s with 4510s and we were charged for ipbase too

licensing@cisco.com
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card