cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible for 3560 or 3850 control MAC address all client?

rechard_hk
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have some question to ask you that , Is it possible that cisco 3560 or 3850 control MAC address all client ?

Let me detail that : i have core switch 3850 and i have access switch 2960 and some switch unmanag like 3 Com. so all client connect to access switch and access switch link to Core-switch 3850 , so can i control allow or deny Mac address for client ?

Best Regards,

Rechard

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You can use port security on the 2960 to only allow certain MAC addresses per port accessing the network.

see config guide below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/scg_2960/swtrafc.html#wp1038501

HTH

Dear Reza,

Yes, for 2960 can allow one or two Mac address per port but if some manager ( mobile laptop ) connect to meeting or other room so they cannot use it , it has problem and we need to login access switch to allow or enable. so i would like to allow mace address all my client on Core-switch is it possible? i mean i want control Mac address on core-switch.

Best Regards,

Rechard

Dear all Expert ,

Do you have some advice on this case ?

Best Regards,

Rechard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card