cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a specific command to show the queue buffer size of one port-group on WS-X6904-40G?

Assassin.X
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 6509-V-E with VS-SUP2T-10G, IOS version s2t54-advipservicesk9-mz.SPA.150-1.SY7a.
As per datasheet of WS-X6904-40G: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/data_sheet_c78-696623.html
Port Group 1& 2 has combined Ingress packet buffer of 10 MB same as the Port Group 3 & 4
Port Group 1 & 2 has combined Egress packet buffer of 176 MB same as Port Group 3 & 4

I wonder if there is a specific show command to see those buffer sizes. I've been searching for a while. Appreciate if anyone can provide some hints.

5 Replies 5

Iulian Vaideanu
Level 4
Level 4

What's the output of "show platform hardware capacity interface"?

Hi Iulian Vaideanu,

I don't have access to device right now, but I remember it shows buffer size in per-module based, not per port-group based.

I only have access to X67xx cards (where indeed it shows buffer size per module) and C6800 cards (where the values are per port) - I was curious about X69xx myself...

Furose M
Level 3
Level 3

as far as i know, data sheet is the only way.

all right, thank you very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card