cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to look up product info by serial number

DanLongley26682
Level 1
Level 1

I have been tasked with identifying several switches. Some in use and some still in boxes. Without running all over the facility is there a way to find out what a switch is i.e. 24 or 48 port by using the serial number in a online lookup something similar to what  Dell has with service tags.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

That only gives me coverage info I need hardware info

Have you tried it ? It will give the particular device model info too.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

This is what I get

Two things to consider:
1. The Serial Number may not be added to the correct Service Contract -- happens ALL the time.
2. Coverage Checker is down, again -- happens ALL the time. Try again in a few hours (or days).

- Today with coverage checker I get :

Cisco Catalyst 3850-24U-S Switch

Product

Product ID
WS-C3850-24U-S
End of Sale
2020-10-30
End of Support
2025-10-31

Contract

Status
Covered
Number
Unavailable
Type
Unavailable

Warranty

Status
Covered
Type
Unavailable

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card