cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there any implication in configuring VSS between two Cat 6500E, if they have EXACTLY the same config but different Power Supplies?

Rodrigo Moreno
Level 1
Level 1

I know that having the same Power Supply is not a restriction for implementing VSS....but I'd like to know if, in your field experience, there is any issue regarding this difference in Power between both chasis (both of them having the same components).

Specificly, one chasis has 2 redundant power supplies of 4000W and the other chasis has 2 redundant power supplies of 6000W. I ran the Cisco Power Calculator, and 4000W would be enough for each chasis....but one of them has this 6000W supply.

Thanks & Regards!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That should not be an issue, as long as you have enough power to power up all the modules, which you do with either one of these power supplies.  Also, since VSS doesn't support POE, so there is no need for a whole a lot of power.

HTH

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

That should not be an issue, as long as you have enough power to power up all the modules, which you do with either one of these power supplies.  Also, since VSS doesn't support POE, so there is no need for a whole a lot of power.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card