cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue: Missing information in "show LLDP neighbors detail"

dhong639
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on mapping layer 2 devices by parsing the output from "show LLDP neighbors detail". The network contains only Cisco devices. To properly create the maps, I require the following fields: 

- Local Intf (source interface)

- Chassis ID (target mac address) 

- Port ID (abbreviated name and identifying number of port)

- Port Description (information regarding the connection)

However, on some devices, the local interface is not advertised, and, because the architecture contains LAGs, there isn't a reliable way to guess based on the target chassis ID and port ID. Speaking of port ID, although usually reported in a manner similar to "gi1/0/1" or "fa01", sometimes the port ID is reported in an odd format, such as port-002-00000. This can occur even if the same port ID was properly reported on the local interface of the source device. 

Is there a way to force "show lldp neighbors detail" to display the local interface and format port IDs as "[a-z]{2}\d+.*"?

Thanks for reading

2 Replies 2

vincentf
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem on a WS-C2960X-24TS-L running 15.2(2)E3. I upgraded to 15.2(7)E5 and rebooted.

It's working now, but I'm not sure what fixed my problem: the reboot or the new firmware. I haven't changed anything in the config.

Hello,

I wonder if you could use an XML spec file to format the output...

show lldp neighbors detail | format 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card