cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with a 3750XPOE after copying configuration

dcgtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

I copied the configuration from my 3750G to my new 3750X on GigabitEthernet1/0/1-48, which is the exact configuration on my 3750G and I had a hard time trying to figure out why it would not work, but after some long time troubleshooting I found out that I have two sets of Gigabitethernet Interfaces on this switch. They are GigabitEthernet1/0/1-48 and GigabitEthernet3/0/1-48. I had to configure GigabitEthernet3/0/1 in order to get everything to work. Do you know why this is like this on this switch? How do I use GigabitEthernet1/0/1 and delete GigabitEthernet3/0/1? I did notice it does have a stack member number of 3 and I am not using the stack configuration. Does this have something to do with it? Thank you for all your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did the re-number and used the "no switch 3 provision" command and it removed it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hello,
This switch was used in other time? Maybe it is configured to use a stack and sets this devices as 3 devices in the stack

Try run this command: switch 3 renumber 1

By the way: you can change in your configuration file port identification from g1/0/1-48 to g3/0/1-48
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Hello

Just like to add - Be careful when you renumber any switch , make sure you are aware of what this entails, doing this on a live production device especially in a stack could cause you issues

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I see where you guys are coming from. It has a label of 3 in the stack and I do not use the stack configuration so I will re-number it. Will I lose my configuration if I re-number it and the configuration is on GigabitEthernet1 already? Thank you.

So I did the renumber from 3 to 1 and it all came up on stack as number 1 but the configuration for GigabitInterface 3/0/1 is still there. I had to renumber back to Stack 3 to get it to work again. How do I remove that part of the config as my secondary switch went down? I am using just a fiber uplink cable.between the switches. Does anyone know? Thank you. 

I did the re-number and used the "no switch 3 provision" command and it removed it.

you're welcome.
Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: