Views
Helpful
Replies

IXIA traffic test - non-Ixia destination

anthonykahwati
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am using Ixia to test a LAG set up. I have an IPv4 attached to the LAG group which is in the Ixia topology. 

I want to test this to an IP address on the network rather than on another Ixia port and for the life of me I can't find how to set the destination to be an IP address rather than an Ixia port.

Is this possible and if so, please can someone steer me in the right direction?

Many thanks

2 Replies 2

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

What test results are you trying to achieve?
I assume that on the switch side you configured (L2/3) LAG correctly?

Maybe try to send a ping from ixia (1.1.1.1) to the switch (1.1.1.2)?
for example:
- on the ixia side try to set ip of 1.1.1.1/24.

- on the switch side:
      If you decided on L2 LAG
            interface vlan 1
              ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.0

If you decided on L3 LAG
            interface port-channel 1
              ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.0

More information on how to configure Layer 2/3 EtherChannels:

https://networklessons.com/switching/layer-3-etherchannel-cisco-ios-switch

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9500/software/release/16-6/configuration_guide/b_166_lyr2_lyr3_9500_cg/b_166_lyr2_lyr3_9500_cg_chapter_011.html#ref_1393088 

Hi @pman 

Thanks for the reply. I have configured correctly. It’s an L2 ether channel running in VPC on the Nexus 3K and at the Ixia end it has IPv4 attached to the Ixia LAG.
I know it’s working because I can ping an ip address a couple of hops away from the Ixia, I just can’t seem to set up a test that will keep some traffic going and give me all the statistics that the product is known for.  
When I try to set up a test I select the source but it seems that the destination must always be another Ixia port of which in this case it just needs to be a target IP. All I want to do is crudely measure behaviours as I affect ports in the VPC for an internal documentation process. 

PS, I know this is not an Ixia support forum, just saw a couple of other people have discussed them on here so thought I’d give it a shot. 
many thanks. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card