Views
Helpful
Replies

Juniper to Cisco configuration

Noovi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

i am working on one task to replace existing EOL juniper switch with new Cisco 9300 switch.

i have current Juniper config , is there any way/tool to translate these Juniper commands to Cisco?

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi
no dont think there is no official tool, here is all them listed that are supplied.

If you posit the config though we could help convert it

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tools-catalog.html

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

I have seen tools in the past for firewalls which would do one-way translation of config., but have not seen one switches.

This is a task best suited to a human with configuration experience in both device OS flavours. You could ask your supplier if they provide the service, at a cost. 

Or, just post the junos config and we can see if we have the required junos knowledge between us!

cheers,

Seb.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Noovi,

post the Juniper config.

The most important differences in default settings in Juniper switches:

- in Juniper a trunk link carries no Vlan by default. Cisco default is to allow all Vlans

- Juniper configuration is hierarchical: for example all spanning tree related configuration is under the [edit protocols rstp] hierarchy.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card