cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Just bad ports or bad port/ASIC controller?

sabbasaun
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to troubleshoot a 3550 24-EMI. It seems some of the ports (so far f0/1 and f0/2) will show up/up but I can not pass any traffic. But if I go to the other end of the switch (f0/23 or 0/24) I get traffic to pass. I get input and crc errors but nothing else. Anyone else run into this type of problem? I'm leaning towards bad controller. I haven't been able to test any of the other ports or do a POST due to this being offsite.

I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions. We'll probably just RMA the switch but I'm trying to gain as much info before we do that.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Probably would need more info , are these just normal switchports or are they trunked , if trunked are certain vlans allowed across the trunk . Is the layer 3 SVI for that vlan up/up ? Does the vlan that is assigned to those ports show up and active when doing a "show vlan " command ???

Well after conferring with TAC they recommend RMAing the switch. Most likely a physical/hardware issue as there was input and crc errors. We ruled out bad cables and configuration.

Thanks for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card