Views
Helpful
Replies

L-SL-4320-APP-K9=

Judin_SungHoon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to refresh my current MPLS router from 2series to ISR4321.

I did request my provider to provide me a BoM and refer back my current old router needs.

I notice for ISR4321, my ISP provide one item call L-SL-4320-APP-K9= to be added which I didn't see inside my old series router. From the description this item is for AppX license with 200 conns/ISRWAAS or 750 conns/vWAAS. Do you guys have any idea what exactly this license for? I still don't understand the purpose I need to buy this license

8 Replies 8

Hello,

the license is for the AX series routers...are you getting the ISR 4321 base or AX model ?

Is it according to the license? Below are the list of my BOMs

ISR4321-VSEC/K9 Cisco ISR 4321 Bundle w/UC & SEC License, CUBE-10
CON-SNTP-IR4321VS SNTC-24X7X4 Cisco ISR 4321 Bundle with UC SEC Lice
SL-4320-IPB-K9 IP Base License for Cisco ISR 4320 Series
SL-4320-UC-K9 Unified Communication License for Cisco ISR 4320 Series
FL-4320-HSEC-K9 U.S. Export Restriction Compliance license for 4320 series
MEM-4320-4GU8G 4G to 8G DRAM Upgrade (Fixed 4G + additional 4G) for ISR4320
MEM-FLSH-4U8G

4G to 8G eUSB Flash Memory Upgrade for Cisco ISR 4300

PWR-4320-AC AC Power Supply for Cisco ISR 4320
CAB-ACE AC Power Cord (Europe), C13, CEE 7, 1.5M
CAB-CONSOLE-USB Console Cable 6ft with USB Type A and mini-B
SL-4320-SEC-K9 Security License for Cisco ISR 4320 Series
FL-CUBEE-5 Unified Border Element Enterprise License - 5 sessions
SISR4300UK9-316S Cisco ISR 4300 Series IOS XE Universal
NIM-1MFT-T1/E1 1 port Multiflex Trunk Voice/Clear-channel Data T1/E1 Module
L-SL-4320-APP-K9= AppX license with 200 conns/ISRWAAS or 750 conns/vWAAS
PVDM4-64 64-channel DSP module
NIM-1GE-CU-SFP 1-port GE WAN NIM, dual-mode RJ45 & SFP

Hello,

get with your reseller to make sure you are getting the right model.

The ISR4321-VSEC/K9 and the ISR4321-AX/K9 are different models...

so if i go for ISR4321-VSEC/K9, i no need to bu this license rite? - L-SL-4320-APP-K9=

This license only for model ISR4321-AX/K9? Am i rite? If i read from cisco page, this AX model is a experience apps model which comes with additional capability. 

●  ISR-AX “Application Experience” software bundle with advanced routing and network monitoring services.
●  Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN), zone-based firewalls, intrusion prevention (Snort and Umbrella Branch) and content management using Cisco Cloud Web Security and OpenDNS protecting data, providing authentication credentials, and enabling transmissions that are not backhauled through the data center.
●  Secure boot feature performs hardware-based authentication of the bootloader software to prevent malicious or unintended software from booting on the system.
●  Code signing verifies digital signatures of executables prior to loading to prevent execution of altered or corrupted code.
●  Hardware authentication protects against hardware counterfeiting by using an on-board tamper-proof silicon, including field replaceable modules. If authentication fails, the module is not allowed to boot.

any other additional differences that i may not realize? What is the benefit using AX and VSEC? Or any special requirement only we can use AX?

Hello,

exactly, the license works only on the AX model. The AX model supports a.o. WAAS...do you need that ?

this waas seems like can do wan optimization. If i already have a riverbed, what is the purpose of this. Am i rite? Doing double work. I dont know why my ISP provide this license on the first place for non supported model. 

Hello,

as stated, best to ask your reseller what the purpose is of that license in connection with this model router...

Thanks Georg!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card