Views
Helpful
Replies

L2 tunnel between user location and 2 data centers

igor.hamzic81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a following situation where I need to connect a user location to two data centers(primary and secondary) and extend around 15 VLANs to both data centers for redundancy.

The connection to the primary data center is already configured and in production(VLANs are extended to the primary DC, L3 IFs for these VLANs are on the equipment in the primary DC) via our optical link since it is in a neighboring building.

I'm struggling a bit with the link to the secondary DC as we need to to use a L2 link from a provider and there is a possibility that I can't use the link as I intended first intended it. I was thinking of doing L2TP over the provider link if the original plan falls through.

The equipment I have in the secondary DC location is a Nexus 93180YC-FX(NXOS 9.3(12)) and is and on the user location I have a Cisco C9200L-24T-4G(version 17.03.05, network essentials).

Thank you.

Is it possible to configure L2TP using the available equipment and if possible can you share the config needed on both sides as I have never tried to configure something like this before?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

L2tpv3 should work for your case.

I will check config for NSK and share here 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card