Views
Helpful
Replies

l2tpv3 vlan-to-vlan tunnel on cisco 890

satishlist
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to setup a L2tpv3 VLAN-to-VLAN tunnel.

My setup has two Cisco 890 router with Cisco IOS Software version 15.0(1) M4. These routers are connected directly on FastEthernet port 8.

One linux machine is connected on FastEthernet port 0 on each router. The two linux machines are on same vlan. I am trying to establish a vlan-to-vlan tunnel between the routers and send traffic between the linux machines.

I followed the case study 11.4 from http://fengnet.com/book/Layer%202%20VPN%20Architectures/ch11|ev1sec2.html and configured the l2tp-class and pseudowire-class. However, the vlan interface configuration is different on 890 router.

I configured a vlan interface as follows.

(config)#vlan 200

(config)# interface FastEthernet 0

#shutdown

#switchport access vlan 200

(config)# interface vlan 200

I don't see the 'xconnect' command in this context. What's wrong with my configuration? 

Please guide me to the right configuration or point me to some links.

Regards

Satish

3 Replies 3

Claus Gonnsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I am having the same problem on my 891 router, no xconnect command under interface vlan config.

Please let me know, if you have found the solution.

(I remember wakely that I had the same problem on one of my 881 routers too, but I have forgotten the fix.

Had something to do with an older IOS version / defaults).

Regards

Claus

Hi again,

I just upgraded my 891 IOS firmware to 15.2(4)M1, and now the xconnect command, under interface vlan, is available.

But now the xconnect command, under interface FastEthernet, is gone ???????????????

I have not had time to test the L2TPv3 tunnel yet, but I'll post my findings here when I get to it.

Regards

Claus

Claus Gonnsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

I got my L2TPv3 tunnels working between my cisco 891 and my 881 routers.

Try to take a look the 'Can't connect VLAN intfc on 881 to l2tpv3 pseudowire' under

[WAN, Routing and Switching]

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3833636#3833636

Best regards,

Claus Gonnsen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card