cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 Switch Vlan complete isolation

QUARK TARO
Level 1
Level 1

I have a L3 switch used with three vlans. I need to ensure that traffic from each valn including broadcast, multicast should not cross each other. My objective is all three vlans should be 100% isolated. Traffic from one vlan should never enter another vlan. How do I ensure this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

not from the negated vlans but within each vlan yes there is - but you can minimise this through storm control 

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello

You can use PVLANS but RACL's would be applicable here also.

ip access-list extended no-vlan20-30
deny ip any 20.20.20.0 0.0.0.255
deny ip any 30.20.20.0 0.0.0.255

permit ip any any

int vlan 10
ip access-group no-vlan20-30 IN

ip access-list extended no-vlan10-30
deny ip any 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255
deny ip any 30.20.20.0 0.0.0.255

permit ip any any

int vlan 20
ip access-group no-vlan10-30 IN

ip access-list extended no-vlan10-20
deny ip any 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255
deny ip any 20.20.20.0 0.0.0.255

permit ip any any

int vlan 30
ip access-group no-vlan10-20 IN

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I have a question in mind, if I do not define any IP interface on vlan, is there any possibility of any type of traffic (broadcast, multicast) reaching from one vlan to another vlan?

Hello

not from the negated vlans but within each vlan yes there is - but you can minimise this through storm control 

res

paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Can I define acl in the following way?
ip access-list extended no-vlan20-30
permit ip 30.20.20.0 0.0.0.255 any
deny ip any any

Hello

you cn but that will negate all communication to everything outside that vlan even other vlans  and wan traffic 

res

paul

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card