Helpful
Replies

L3 Switch

eliaswazar54520
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Hope you are doing well,

I did a project with your help, that consist of 6 companies with 6 different Vlans with 3 L3 switches. So when I am sending a packet from Vlan to another, the packet cant reach the other switch.

My doctor told me to enable "ip routing" on the switches, but I can't find the command lines to put them on CLI of the switches.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Regards,

Elias. 

5 Replies 5

Hello

Can you confirm the make/model of switches you are working on?

post the output of:

Show version 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

is this a 'real' network, or a simulated (e.g. Packet Tracer) network ? Post the full configurations of all three layer 3 switches, as well as a diagram of your topology, so we can see what is connected to what.

Sorry for my late Reply, its on packet tracer,

I will share the topology that you guys helped me with. I just need the commands to enable the ip routing.

command to enable the ip routing is ip routing. to check ip routing is ON or Off, show ip route command

login into switch, type enable at > prompt, enter config t or conf t, (short for configure term), type ip routing.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you wrote packet cant reach the other switch, so you do not need ip routing at all. this will happen on L2 type of switches,.  note that ip routing command only works on L3 switches and if you use Packet tracer, not all L3 switches will take that ip routing commend or ip routing is on by default.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card