Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab 4.5.2 ccna2

Nawawi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue with a PC-'s fast ethernet interface. The Interface says it is up, but line protocol is down. I have tried several times to get the line protocol up but i some how just cant get it to start.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to make sure the speed, duplex, and clock rate settings are same at both ends.

this is indication :

• FastEthernet0 is down, line protocol is down: This output indicates a physical interface problem. For example, the cable on this interface or on the remote interface is disconnected.

• FastEthernet0 is up, line protocol is down: In this case, Physical layer is operational. The line protocol being down indicates a clocking or framing problem. Probable reasons for this are encapsulation and clock rate mismatches.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Nawawi,

Please send the zipped Packet Tracer file that you are working on and the instuctions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card