Views
Helpful
Replies

LACP & TRUNKS - "convergence" time

Defututus
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a question:

I have 2 trunk ports in port-channel with LACP. One of them is down. But what happens when this interface goes up. My understanding is that when LACP negotiation is finished the traffic start passing over the link, but some VLANs are still pruned from the link. It means that LACP is literally blackholing traffic for a short period of time. I need to know how long is exactly such interface blackholing the traffic. My expectation is around 200ms but I need to be sure. I have SRC MAC load balance configured

The problem is that catalyst switches does not support graceful-convergence. I have 2 PLC's with RPI (request packet interval) confugured to 50ms. The problem is when 3 consecutive RPI's are lost PLC ends with communication failure. This happened to me when the interface joined the port-channel.  It means that the "convergence" time on trunks with LACP is higher than 150ms. Therefore I need to know the convergence time on LACP port-channel

Thank you very much for your help in advance

1 Reply 1

If the vlan depend in trunk to be UP or down then try use no autostate' this make vlan UP even if it l2 port is down.

Check this workaround 

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card