cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 3 vlan internet issues

sampson01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a L3 3750 that I am using for all vlan routing.  I have this connected to a sonicwall and that is the default route.  

The primary vlan is able to connect to the internet without a problem, however none of the other vlan's are able to.  I have set ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.17.11.254 (sonicwall lan ip) however I am still unable to ping out on any other vlan.  I have also setup a route back to the switch vlans on the sonicwall.  

Troubleshooting:
Ping from any client to switch and sonicwall goes through

Ping from switch to all vlans and sonicwall goes through

Ping from sonicwall to any of the vlans goes through (EX. sonciwall can ping client pc's in the new vlans)

Not sure what else I am missing.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

is the Sonicwall doing the NAT ? Does the NAT policy for outbound traffic include all VLAN traffic ?

View solution in original post

Hello,

the Sonicwall by default does many-to-one NATing for traffic coming in the X0 interface and going out the X1 interface. Anything coming in through any other interface is not translated.

Check if there are any existing policies configured that might be causing anything other than the primary Vlan IP addresses to be dropped.

http://help.sonicwall.com/help/sw/eng/published/1337844490_6.0.1Network_NAT_Policies/Network_netPolicies.htm#XREF_79770_Network_NAT

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

is the Sonicwall doing the NAT ? Does the NAT policy for outbound traffic include all VLAN traffic ?

Sonicwall is doing the NAT'ing.  Not sure about the outbound traffic policy.  I did not set one up, but was not aware I needed to.  Any idea what this would look like?

Hello,

the Sonicwall by default does many-to-one NATing for traffic coming in the X0 interface and going out the X1 interface. Anything coming in through any other interface is not translated.

Check if there are any existing policies configured that might be causing anything other than the primary Vlan IP addresses to be dropped.

http://help.sonicwall.com/help/sw/eng/published/1337844490_6.0.1Network_NAT_Policies/Network_netPolicies.htm#XREF_79770_Network_NAT

There was a nat policy that was nat'ing the specific vlan subnet to another subnet for vlan nat translation.  I was mis-configured.  Once I adjusted this it came up.  Thanks!

Good to know that you got it resolved !

Krash Mole
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I will advise you to create subnet interfaces on your router (sonicwall)  (ROAS) to make it easier.

I would to find out where you have set your default route (switch or router)?

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card