cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leased address in an ACL?

onyxwolf_x
Level 1
Level 1

I have an 1841 router that gets it's internet-facing interface's address by my ISP's DHCP server. How can I use that address in an ACL, in a way that it will stay effective when it gets a new leased address?

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have an 1841 router that gets it's internet-facing interface's
address by my ISP's DHCP server. How can I use that address in an ACL,
in a way that it will stay effective when it gets a new leased address?

Hi,

If your question is ACL needs to bind the ip address assigned from your isp and it should change automatically when ip address changes then i think you cannot configure access-list to reference to the DHCP assigned ip address dynamically.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

Wow that sucks! No work around to this? I want to block spoofed traffic with the same address as my external interface as well as allow ssh (over a specific port) to that interface only.

Its weird that ACL are the only things you can't define by interface vs. ip address. I guess it is what it is!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco