Views
Helpful
Replies

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: and %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN:

chalayne
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

If this is showing up on our logs for a port that is connected to Security EPAC device. does it mean the switch is causing the port to go up and down, or does it mean, the device connected to it is going up and down?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chalayne
Level 1
Level 1

The epac are Mx panels by Identiv. I don't know much more then that. This problem doesn't happen often but when it does, security always blames it on the network, until we prove it's their equipment.  I did preform a shut, no shut and the problem has stopped. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Could be either one. Check the speed and duplex on both the switch and the security device and make sure they are the same.

HTH

chalayne
Level 1
Level 1

They are the same. 

How often does this happen? Have you replaced the cable? If you are using fiber, check to make sure the fiber connectors are clean, and also check the optics.

HTH

Hello,

what is the exact type/model of the EPAC device connected to that port ? It is possible that the device, or the NIC of that device, goes into idle/sleep mode when unused for a specified amount of time...

chalayne
Level 1
Level 1

The epac are Mx panels by Identiv. I don't know much more then that. This problem doesn't happen often but when it does, security always blames it on the network, until we prove it's their equipment.  I did preform a shut, no shut and the problem has stopped. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card