cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Link Aggregation between Nexus and Catalyst

IS34lyf
Level 1
Level 1

How do I go about configuring 2 stacked Cisco Cat 3850 and 2 Nexus 3k switches in Etherchannel? Currently we have one Cat6 cable between the two setup and bandwidth is becoming an issue. Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

You would configure the port-channels just the same as usual and on both platforms but on the nexus switches i assume these are in a vpc domain as such those port-channels would be assigned a vpc.

Example:
3850 stack
interface port-channelx
description PC to Nk3
switchport mode trunk

NK3-sw1
interface port-channel x
description PC to 3850
switchport mode trunk
vpc 10

NK3-sw2
interface port-channel x
description PC to 3850
switchport mode trunk
vpc 10

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hello

You would configure the port-channels just the same as usual and on both platforms but on the nexus switches i assume these are in a vpc domain as such those port-channels would be assigned a vpc.

Example:
3850 stack
interface port-channelx
description PC to Nk3
switchport mode trunk

NK3-sw1
interface port-channel x
description PC to 3850
switchport mode trunk
vpc 10

NK3-sw2
interface port-channel x
description PC to 3850
switchport mode trunk
vpc 10

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco