Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello. We have a bunch of 9200L switch stacks deployed on our campus. SNMP is configured and we are polling the switches with Observium. Everything works fine for a couple of weeks, and then the switches stop supplying interface statistics (bandwidth...

Hi, Hope you can help. I'm running 3560-48 and 24 PS-L's (640W PSUs) with non Cisco POE edge devices. The issue I'm having is these devices won't draw much more than 3-6 Watts but the switch wants to use 15.4W per port, depleting my POE budget! I hav...

I just upgraded cisco 3850 to 16.9.4.  It was previously 3.6.x.  I have been reading about the smart license.  Is this mandatory and the device stop functioning?  I understand the purpose behind the smart licensing feature.  However, it's too much of...

cwdusheke by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are gong to deploy a lot of 9300 switches, I have the first 3. These will not have internet access when they are deployed.We are NOT using DNA-Advantage - we are happy using Network Advantage. Can I simply connect the switches to the internet at H...

keanej by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a question regarding multicast on the stack-ring of the Catalyst 2960-S units. In a network where high bandwidth multicast traffic is used, we would like to make sure we understand how multicast traffic is sent across the stack switches ov...

multicast.png multicast2.png

Hi All, I have an SG300 that I am trying to set up for some training sessions at work. Due to the software I am using, everyone needs to be on the subnet:192.168.0.X    255.255.255.0 Due to it being a teaching environment, I didn't really want people...

Dear,  I have a switch WS-3850-48T, version 16.6.5 (IOS - CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M). It was seted with MTU 9198, but my orthers access switches are seted 1500 MTU. I want to know, if change reduce the switch 3850 from 9198 to 1500 will there impact in...

Hi @Aliki    since some week´s we have a strange error and no one can told me a sollution. So i will ask here ;-) I have Clients, Win 7 and Win 10 which losses randomly Network Connectivty. The LAN- Icon at the Client show the yellow exclamation mark...

MarioLieb by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,in CISCO book I found that CDP and STP protocol should not be sent over SPAN session. But when we implement SPAN session on 2960 switch and  I see CDP and STP. I need to disable it as it is causing a lot of unwanted traffic.Thanks in advanc...

Can anyone help with an issue i am having with PBR and an IP Helper.  I cannot get devices in the VLAN with the associated SVI to get DHCP addresses, there is no DHCP server in the VLAN so an IP Helper is used but whenever i enable PBR on the SVI, DH...