Views
Helpful
Replies

Link Aggregation - Cisco 1800 Series Router

offpister
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was just wondering if it is possible to setup Link Aggregation between the switch ports on a Cisco 1801 Router and a Catalyst 2950 switch.

Also is it possible to set up link aggregation between a managed switch and an unmanaged switch?

Thanks.

Jonathan Worth.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Not saying its not possible as I have not used those smaller routers, but I have never heard of a router doing etherchannel or link aggregation. Router interfaces can't be addressed in the same network, so it would have to be a layer 2 aggregation, and I don't think a router of that size would support that kind of bandwidth anyway...

No you cannot, if it is unmanaged you cannot do link aggregation. It would be nice, but it's not possible.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathan,

Its not supported on 1801 router. Please use feature navigator tool below for the feature sets available in a particular hardware or software.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH,

-amit singh

Hi,

Not saying its not possible as I have not used those smaller routers, but I have never heard of a router doing etherchannel or link aggregation. Router interfaces can't be addressed in the same network, so it would have to be a layer 2 aggregation, and I don't think a router of that size would support that kind of bandwidth anyway...

No you cannot, if it is unmanaged you cannot do link aggregation. It would be nice, but it's not possible.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card