Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have bought 1841 router with the following version : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cisco IOS Software, 1841 Software (C1841-IPBASE-M), Version 15.0(1)M4, RELEASE SOFTWAR...

Hi, may i know if C2811 + IPBASE  can support OSPF or not ?I checked "software advisior" to check the IOS supporting OSPF for C2811, the result include IPBASE.However, I check some document on web, e.g. Cisoc-IOS-prod_bulletin0900aecd80281b17.pdf, it...

David Ng by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A brand new 3560 does not has password and comes with the following vty settings. The console access has no problem. But for telnet...line vty 0 4 login length 0line vty 5 15 login!Does it allow telnet to get in? Should it allow telent automatically?...

I am experiencing an issue with one host on my network not being able to connect to a remote host across a T1.  The host times out everytime it tries to connect.  I have other hosts on the same network that can reach the remote host no problem.  I ha...

Resolved! OSPF Cost to ABR

Hi, I was wondering if someone could assist me in regards to calculating cost in OSPF.Is there a way to determine what routers in an OSPF area is an ABR just by looking into the OSPF Database and then subsequently determining the cost to the ABR from...

We have a 4 node ESX4.1 cluster with primary NIC going to a catalyst 2960G and secondary NIC going to another catalyst 2960G.  The switches are connected via etherchannel.  The primary switch is root for all vlans and the ESX ports are configured as ...

perptech1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings,I am attempting to use an ASA as an edge device with other devices behind it.  I am unable to get those devices to contact any ipv6 hosts through the ASA.I've acquired IPv6 space from my provider, and (modified IPs) am basically doing this:...

jgauthier by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody!Gig0/1 is a physical on the 3550 that is connected to a 4503.Sometimes i drops packets when i do ping to 3550 from 4503 when QoS is enable... then i disable QoS... every comes back to normal again..I see a lot of input drops on the SVI a...

by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I'm configuring my first Nexsus 5548 10 GB switch.  The config is very basic, it's a standalone switch that resides on 1 subnet, in vlan 202.  The subnet is 10.234.250.0/ 255.255.255.192.I created VLAN 202 on the switch and assigned IP address ...

Hi every body1)When  we use the command Show ip eigrp topology, the output also shows seq among other things.  Seq  indicates the last eigrp packet received from the neighbor.  My  question  is  when router receives a hello, should it increase the se...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Please could someone clarify if I want power supply resiliency for the following 4948 model I would need to order a spare PWR-C49E-300AC-R=  ?:1 x WS-C4948E-F-E1 x PWR-C49E-300AC-R=Thanks much appreciated.