cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

link aggregation is not working properly on catalyst 9300 switch.

n_lama
Level 1
Level 1

i designed a network with link aggregation as shown, but there is link agregation problem i.e. link is getting down while removing one of the port on link aggregation.

スクリーンショット 2024-08-28 114013.pngwaiting for support

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It depends on  what does link removal implies and how it is done ; always check logs on the switch where the link is removed and the remote partner , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I will check the detail log, but while i removed the one of the lan cable connected with port-channel on L2 9300 switch to active L3 9600 switch, then the connection is down for 5~6 seconds, and there is no down time while I removed the lan cable connected to standby L3 9600 switch.

and similarly if removed the lan cable with port-channel connected from L2 9300 switch to server then again there are no down time.

Hello @n_lama ,

>> I will check the detail log, but while i removed the one of the lan cable connected with port-channel on L2 9300 switch to active L3 9600 switch, then the connection is down for 5~6 seconds, and there is no down time while I removed the lan cable connected to standby L3 9600 switch.

How are you doing your tests ? are you pinging  a server that is downstream the L2 switch or are you pinging the L2 switch management IP address ?

the 0 downtime on standby L3 switch can be expected if actually the packets are not going through it.

However, 5-6 seconds downtime is strange.

So it is better that you provide more details on your tests and your test traffic.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello
Can you elaborate on this please?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driver 

while i removed the one of the lan cable connected with port-channel on L2 9300 switch to active L3 9600 switch, then the connection is down for 5~6 seconds, and there is no down time while I removed the lan cable connected to standby L3 9600 switch.

and similarly if removed the lan cable with port-channel connected from L2 9300 switch to server then again there are no down time.

use 
no lacp suspend-individual <<- if one link is remain in PO the PO is suspend this command will disable default behave
to be sure this is case here 

show lacp internal<<- in both L3 SW
show port-channel summary <<- both side SW
show ehterchannel summary <<- both side SW

MHM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card