Views
Helpful
Replies

Load balancing 1 stream to multiple servers

anthonykahwati
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am trying to send traffic destined TO one ip address to multiple servers. I dont want to load balance as such, but rather split it out to both or all servers in a farm. I know that this sounds like multicast but neither source or destination can be configured for multicast. (if i'm talking nonsense here and anything can do this then let me know... multicast is not something I have any real world experience with).

I was thinking that if I created a VIP there must be a way to specify rather than round robin, or least weight, etc, there must be a way to say "send to all"?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony                  

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anthony,

It may not be entirely possible... but let's see if we can do something about it. First of all, what is the nature of the stream? Is it TCP or UDP? Is it precisely the one single stream that you want to replicate to all servers? Are the servers in one IP subnet?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

Thanks. It is one stream. The exact scenario is that our traders have dealerboard phones which need to be recorded. The phone software, helpfully ( ! ) only allows you to specify one voice recorder box. We have 2 by way of some luck and the voice provider trying to keep good favour.

What we would like to do is point the phones at a VIP for example, but when it hits that, it gets sent to both voice recording boxes. I'm pretty sure the traffic is UDP.

Thanks

Anthony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card