Views
Helpful
Replies

Login issue for Cisco IR809G router

CCIE Aspirant
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i hope you all are good and i wish you all be safe and healthy.

i have around 10 Cisco IR809G routers and all of them having the issue of logging in. when i connect console to them, none of the router shows anything. i tried to reset* them all but still no luck. Kindly suggest me how to resolve this issue. All of these routers were brand new and may be used for few months.

* Turn off the router and press RESET button and power on router and keep  button pressed for 30 Sec ( indeed I have tried 2min,1min,30Sec,15sec pressing button).

PS: console cable is working fine.

Best Regards

7 Replies 7

Hello,

with all 10 routers showing nothing, the problem is likely with your terminal emulator (settings). Which one (e.g. Putty) do you use, and what are the settings ?

thanks for the reply @Georg Pauwen 

actually i have tested it with Putty and secure CRT and all other same series router can be accessed with no problem.

Hello,

are you using the RS232 serial port for the console connection, or the USB mini-Type B connector ?

Hi Georg,

i am using Mini Usb type B. it is working with other routers of same models but not with these routers. all of them purchased on same date and all of them had pretty much similar use.

Hello

@CCIE Aspirant wrote:

console cable is working fine.

Possibly usb drivers for that particaular device
IR809 install guide
USB Drivers

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

hi Paul,

i have updated the driver still i am unable to see anything on secure crt or putty. if i connect another working router with same console and same model, it works but i do not know what exactly is the problem with these routers.

>>> PS: console cable is working fine.<<<
I do suggest to check the cable again, did this cable come with the router?
I assume the connected PC does recognize the usb device even before starting putty? (pling: new device detected?)

I encountered some issues with the IE2000 series, the mini-USB-connector was too recessed for the cable to fit properly
the connector needed to be inserted just a bit further. (this cable also had been used with many other devices)
-> try multiple cables or remove some plastic from the connector of a spare cable, so the connector can be inserted just a bit more

as the 809, like the IE2000 is an industrial router,  this may have to do with the "ruggedized" front plate being just a little thicker

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card