Views
Helpful
Replies

Low on memory; try again later on cisco 2960

Ahmed Ayaad
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have low memory problem in 2 switches WS-C2960-48PST-L, using IOS 12.2(55)SE9.

when this problem occured the 2 switches became down and i see "%% Low on memory; try again later"  when access by console.

i saw more than bug id regarding this issue but all its conditions does not compatible with my ios release.

waiting your support ASAP please.

Thanx, 

4 Replies 4

Rajeshkumar Gatti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the issue is still present then use the below link to gather data from the switch to help with the troubleshooting.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/77805-troubleshoot-3750.html#mem

This is for the 3750 but the show commands and steps mentioned still applies to the 2960.

Hope this helps

-Raj

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you keep seeing this and the switch is not freeing enough memory to get in then the only way around this is going to be to reload the switch. This will free the memory and you will be able to login again.  This is a memory leak issue or the IOS not freeing  up the vty sessions or  the config not having timeout parameters on the vty sessions .

I searched in communities and found that issue related to IOS bug. So, if i need to upgrade which release will solve this bug.

The reload we can't consider it as awork around.

i searched in the communities and found thatissue related to IOS bug.So, IF i need to upgrade which release will solve this issue.

The reload we can't consider it as work around.

Witting feedback the soonest please.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: