Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from 4500 to 9500

Sreja82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am doing migration from Cisco 4500 to 9500 and I would like to hear if someone already did it and what is the best practice! 

It is core SW, 4500 using HSRP and 9500 will be Stackwise-virtual! Can I do copy paste configuration (are they compatible for copy-paste)? 

Thanks for help! 

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You can't do copy/past  , setup the config os the 9500 from scratch.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you very much for reply! And what it the reason why i can not TFTP config file? 
i will do adjust interface names (for example 1/0/1 to 1/1) 

Thank you for the support!

Hello
In summary you could run both old and new cores in parallel, having a trunk and l3 interconnect between the two cores
To minimize down time,create all the same layer 3 interfaces on the new cores that are active on the old cores but have them in a shutdown down state, As/when you are ready for migration shutdown the old layer interfaces and bring them up on the new core, This can be done piecemeal if need be, until eventually all L3 is on the new core, then shutdown old core.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card