Helpful
Replies

missing mac address-table info?

Andrew Cormier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, probably a newb question but...

I do show int statu for gi1/0/15

Gi1/0/15                     connected    1          a-full  a-100 10/100/1000BaseTX

If I do show I get nothing.

sho mac address-table interface gi1/0/15
          Mac Address Table
-------------------------------------------

Vlan    Mac Address       Type        Ports
----    -----------       --------    -----

Make sense? Am I missing somethign here?

17 Replies 17

I have faced this issue with every SG300 I have worked on.  I can only imagine this to be a bug. 

It is mostly with printers (HP, Brother, Zebra).  I connect 3 devices to the switch.  A PC and a printer and the uplink.  I am able to browse and ping the printer yet nothing in the MAC table for that interface.  PC MAC is listed correctly. 

Aging set to 600 seconds.  I have seen it pop up briefly in the table in rare cases but next time I look it is gone again.  The switch knows the MAC as IP traffic flows correctly but it will not report it reliably.

Would be great to find a solution.

Hi Cisco Team,

We need help too about that bug ! Same issue here with WS-C2960+24PC-L 15.0(2)SE9
We have same issues with other switches and other IOS...
Is it a functionnality to activate or deactivage in the printers ethernet cards ?

Thank you Cisco to help us in this post

dc5chris209
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue when I was working with the  Catalyst 4948 this summer for a customer. The way I got the mac address-table to populate was to ping the device from the switch. I just threw together a quick text file and had to run through the entire subnet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card