Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mqc analog of command "show mls qos dscp-output-q"

Is there any analog of command "show mls qos dscp-output-q" in mqc environment?

I want to understand where every dscp will go. I just know that 32, 48, 54 will go to queue 0

2 Replies 2

Hello,

as I understand it, the 3850 has only one default queue for all traffic (which includes control traffic). So there is no default dscp to output queue mapping. To map DSCP values to a queue and actually create the queue, you need to define a class. The below will create two queues, one for the DSCP values you have specified, and one for the default class, which is all other traffic:

class-map DSCP_HIGH
 match dscp 32 48 54

!

policy-map DSCP_OUTPUT
 class DSCP_HIGH
  bandwidth percent 20
  queue-buffers ratio 10
class class-default

"as I understand it, the 3850 has only one default queue for all traffic (which includes control traffic)."

Here 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-3850-series-switches/200594-Catalyst-3850-Troubleshooting-Output-dr.html

there is a phrase "When no service-policy is applied, there are 2 default queues (queue 0 and queue 1). The queue-0 is used for control traffic (DSCP 32 or 48 or 56)  and queue-1 is used for data traffic."

So at least 2 queues, thats why i wanted to see where other dscp will go. Or everything except 32,48,56 will go to second queue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card