Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast & Broadcast Loop Detection and Resolution

anthonypoon
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

Our company found IP phone call choppy sounds, Cisco IP phone autoreboot, ACD agent phone auto-logout and call drop, slower network access since last Friday. Our vendors has checked the followings:

1. WAN links utilization is normal

2. Switches CPU utilization is not high

3. Wireshark traces intermittent HSRP multicasts from routers / server broadcast burst

4. Some switchports flashing at the same time frequently

5. Switchports is set with auto-qos & voice packets have been tagged with EF

6. IPT system should be working normally

Can any body can advise me how to identify looping source and how to resolve the looping issue? Please enlighten.

Thanks.

Anthony

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Activate syslogging to  a central  server on all your switches , look for weird  error messages afterwards.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Adding to other post :

1. Firsrt i will look before Friday what were the major changes done in the network. (if all working as expected before Friday problem reported)

2. i will review the config with the base config with current config any changes.

3. when was the last time the devices are rebooted or patched ?

4. Good to have high level topology for us to look how your network and where the issue going to be.

5. also provide evidence of logs and config

waiting for input further asistance to provide,.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

How many devices are you talking about?

Are you ruining any multicast applications
Do you have any storm control/port security applied to the access switches ports?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card