cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multicast on C3560C

wholemans
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if the image on a C3560C supports multicast and which command set I have to use ?

It has been a while since I had to configure multicast en just copying commands from a 6500 doesn't work

I added the ip multicast-routing distributed command and show ip multicast now gives 'Multicast Routing : enabled'

and the show ip mroute command seems to work (but doesn't show any active multicast route).

Commands such as 'ip pim dense-mode' don't work, it only gives 'ip pim passive-mdoe' as possible command.

The commands of a regular C3560 are not recognised.

Is there anything i forgot or can do to enable multicast on this type of switch/router ?

Wim Holemans

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is your license level?  If you can't enable ip pim dense-mode, then you probably don't have the right image or the right license installed:

What is the output of sh ver?

Q. What are the different types of feature sets?

A. There are three types of software licenses: LAN Base, IP Base, and IP Services. LAN Base is only supported on the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X, 3650-X, and Cisco Catalyst 2K switches.

• LAN Base: Enables basic Layer 2 forwarding and IPv4/IPv6 switch management.

• IP Base: Enables Layer 2 forwarding, IPv6 management, and basic Layer 3 routing, including Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) stub and Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM) stub mode.

• IP Services: Includes IP Base and enables advanced IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 routing such as EIGRP, Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), WCCP, VRF-lite, PBR, and IPv4 multicast routing.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-579326.html

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card