Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HelloI have the following set up on my network.My problem is that i cannot get a DHCP address on the client.I have the following config for both:Global#################################ip dhcp snoopingip dhcp snooping vlan 10 , 20 , 30################...

Hi,we have cisco 6509 switch with ws-x6748-GE blade We have configured layer2 portchannel with a HP blade switchchannel-group mode is set to 'Active'Portchannel establishes but I could see several portchannels are created Pasting the sh etherch summa...

Hello Community,As I study STP and all its glorious forms (802.1D, PVST+, MST) I am beginning to question some things regarding the diameter and the default timers. From what I am reading the Cisco best practices are to make sure that a switched netw...

Craddockc by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to enable auto Qos on existing ME3600 switches but I couldn't find any configuration command. Customer would like enable auto QoS to the ME3600 switches to trust their DSCP marking. I have tried normal IOS auto QoS commands but it didn...

Ok so I believe I have done everything right so any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is my running config. I have the et0/0 set up for dhcp because it's connected to the outside network, the switch interface connected to vlan 2 which has a...

jcclubb15 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,I have a setup of a ASA 5550 connecting to a Cisco 3560 where the port on the ASA is configured to 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0  and the port on the 3560 is configured as :      interface GigabitEthernet0/23description **Cisco ASA**switchport ...

Hi, I'm quite new to the networking work. I'm an Audio Visual Tech so I don't touch much of this stuff.I have a LAN Network I'm setting up at my house. I had a little bit of trouble, thought I might run this by you guys and see if ...

I have a remote site that's just installed a Cataylst 3560 v2 which I need to configure. I'm guessing the default username and password are both cisco; however, web GUI and Configuration Assistant won't let me in - both are asking for realm level_15_...

In the past, switches used either cut-through or store-and-forward switching as the forwarding methods to switch data between network ports.  Although store-and-forwad is the sole forwarding method usedtoday on Cisco Catalyst switches, was there ever...

I have 2 Catalyst 3560x switches each with 4 Gbic uplink modules.  What I would like to do is connect 3 of the modules on one switch to 3 modules on the other switch to create a 3 Gb channel.Please note that while I am pretty computer savvy, I know n...

hi guys, I have encounter one problem about C4507R. when 4507's cpu is high ,the hsrp cutover. then customer complain the internet is disconect. So I want to config copp on 4507. but I don't know how to do it. Because it is one production network. Wh...

Tom Yan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Folkz,I've 2911 router and whenever i trying to take telent of this router , i'm not getting the telnet prompt at all but thru ssh i'm able to login this router.We've confgured the telent paameters as below.line vty 0 4 exec-timeout 5 0 privileg...

We have had a rash of problems with rogue DHCP servers of late so its time to bite the bullet and enable snooping. Problem is I cant get it to work.With it enabled the test phone cant get an IP from the production DHCP server but rather it will only ...