cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicasting > 95% of traffiic loss !!!!!!!!

abdel_n
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In a lab environment I have configured multicasting of one video source (using rtp) to a receiver host.

All routers are configured for sparse mode with one static rendezvous point.

The command mstat at the receiving router shows 95 to 99 percent of multicast traffic lost.

According to all monitoring command all seems to be OK (ip multicast group is reachable through ping, mtrace?) except the very poor video quality at the receiver host.

By the way the streaming server and video player work fine with a direct host-to-host connection.

And for the current topology I set the TTL to 255

Is there other network parameters to tune to optimize the quality!? Or it?s a problem of codecs ??

Any idea??

Think you in advance.

I attached detailed information about the topology and the configuration.

1 Reply 1

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Your multicast config is working fine. Your network is just not able to keep up with the sending rate of the server. UDP will not adapt to the capacity of the network, packets will just be dropped.

What speed is the multicast server set to transmit at? What is the speed of the serial links between R6,R1, and R3. Why are the ping times between 20.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.1 so high? The trace routes show very high latency on all your links. What clockrate commands do you have on the dce interfaces? It should be in bits per second. clock rate 2000000

Please rate helpful posts.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card