Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink

mkarthick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 location connected by Fastethernet 12MB line,Now i want to add one more line to multilink together for redundancy.

In Fa0/0 my local LAN(192.168.1.0) is connected, Is it possible to add 1 more line i,e to Fa0/1? If i add 1 more line, Should i change my local lan IP???? can i get any sample Configuration.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Karthick

You wont be able to bundle ethernet interfaces and configure multilink but you can look out for going for port channel configs which will help to bundle the ethernet port to a single logical link.

But it depends on the kinda device where you have terminated these links..

Also do throw more lite on the topology you have in place so that we can post our suggestions accordingly...

regds

View solution in original post

Hi Karthick

AFAIK you can run OSPF between these 2 locations by making the ethernet interfaces as a point to point interfaces using ip ospf network command under them.

you can have a /30 ip configured on your ethernet interfaces which will be used by ospf to form the neighborship.

In this case you can retain the local lan subnet intact without any change..

Once you have that in place you can configure the required networks to be advertised from each router by the ospf process..

Also make sure that you are removing the static ip routes from the config one you have configured the ospf.

regds

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Karthick

You wont be able to bundle ethernet interfaces and configure multilink but you can look out for going for port channel configs which will help to bundle the ethernet port to a single logical link.

But it depends on the kinda device where you have terminated these links..

Also do throw more lite on the topology you have in place so that we can post our suggestions accordingly...

regds

Hi PremKumar,

Thankyou for your reply.

I have attached my current configuration.

Can i achieve etherchannel by using HWIC card?.

Hi Prem,

Could u Plz Solve my problem????? It's urgent for me

Hi Karthick

AFAIK you can run OSPF between these 2 locations by making the ethernet interfaces as a point to point interfaces using ip ospf network command under them.

you can have a /30 ip configured on your ethernet interfaces which will be used by ospf to form the neighborship.

In this case you can retain the local lan subnet intact without any change..

Once you have that in place you can configure the required networks to be advertised from each router by the ospf process..

Also make sure that you are removing the static ip routes from the config one you have configured the ospf.

regds

Hi mkarthick,

Did you eventually resolve this issue on LAN, Switching and Routing?

I have similar issue at hand and I will prefer to keep the current IP addresses and VLAN on my network. If you did, do you mind to share the knowledge with me? I am happy to give you further infomation and my email address.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card