cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N3K-3048 blinking blue led. No console ouput

Michael Peel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple N3Ks that I am getting no console output from them and the LED on the front just blinks blue. I have tried re-seating the RAM which has helped in the past with some units that would stop booting, but in this case I am still just getting the constant blinking blue LED on the front with no console output. I looked up documentation on the LED status, and I did not find anything on what a blinking blue LED means on these units.

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you sure you are using 8N1 with no flow control?

Yes I am sure. I can log into other units through the console port using the exact same Cisco labeled console cable, on the exact same system just fine. 

It sounds like they are dead to me. If you have a Cisco support contract (like SmartNet) I would contact Cisco TAC and arrange some RMA units.

Azeem Mohamad
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvj77373 could be the issue.  Either you need to do a power sequence upgrade. The process can be done with either bash shell or script. TAC can share the process and power sequence images for fix. This is applicable only for the devices in versions 6.0(2)U3(x), 6.0(2)U6(x), or 7.0(3)I7(x) software train.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card