cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N5K: Possible impacts of resync database?

Alex Kitaichik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Are there any harmful / unwanted impacts of executing resync-database on N5K?

That command seems to be undocumented in the regular Nexus documentation but is mentioned here. Because I'm facing a similar issue it seems to be the solution, but I can't find any document mentioning possible impacts of running this command.

Is somebody here aware of possible harmful impacts, such as disrupting the traffic flow or messing up the running-config, of running this command?

Best Regards,
Alex.

3 Replies 3

sokarlsson
Level 1
Level 1

Even though this is a few months old....
Has anyone found some documentation about what this command really do and if it could impact traffic? I have two Nexus 5548P with 3 dual-homed N2000 Fex attached to them and verify fails on commands that should not be in the switch-profile at all.
Show switch-profile status shows the revision is is 3 steps higher in one of the 5548 and on that one the verify fails due to the following

Sync-status: Not yet merged

Merge Flags: pending_merge:0 rcv_merge:1 pending_validate:1

Error(s):

Following commands failed parsing: If the error is 'Command Parsing Failed', ple

ase check if some conditional feature(s) needs to be enabled

no lldp receive (Command is not sp-aware.)

no lldp transmit (Command is not sp-aware.)

I have also posted under Data Center/server-networking
https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2193371

I have the same issue. Have you tried to apply the "resync-database" in the Nexus 5548 without any impactr in your network? I will appreciate if you can answer asap

Thanks.

No have not tried that we fixed our issue during a maintenance window. Someone had messed the config sync database so bad we did a complete rebuild of the config and the database.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card