Views
Helpful
Replies

N6K-C6001-64T How can I test this switch and download the latest iOS

itdAbbas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Folks,

Any help in the know-how of testing this N6K-C6001-64T switch and downloading the latest iOS?

I have several other switches and would like to know if there is a way to test them.

Thank for any and all help in advance!

cheer up

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as the latest software is concerned : https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284599508/type/282088129/release/7.0(5)N1(1)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Unfortunately, it won't let me download without a contract lol..

Thank you.

Any idea on how to test these systems?

Unfortunately, you won't be able to download the software without a service contract. 

As for testing the switch, connect a console cable to the switch and turn it on and see if it boots. If it does, connect a device to one of the ports and test connectivity.

HTH

Thanks for the response Reza,

However, I do not see a port for the console cable, unlike other Cisco switches. Should I just connect to any port?

Yes, thank you!

I actually had already figured but my problem is I need to reset it from the loader> command as there is an error that comes up.

I am attaching the screenshots and all the prompts from the time I turn on the machine.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card