Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

N7010 6.2(20) ERSPAN wierdness

Hi Gurus,

i faced quite strange behavior on the N7010 running 6.2(20) where with quite simple erspan session config i cannot see on the remote sniffer something different from CDP/LLDP/DCE/ARP/PIM/IGMP/STP...

monitor session 48 type erspan-source
erspan-id 148
vrf default
destination ip 10.0.43.239
source interface port-channel44 tx
rate-limit auto

Modules:

N7K-F248XP-25
N7K-SUP2

same time downstream C9K switch perfectly shows a lot of user's traffic egressing link from N7K side.

where to dig?

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its quite old version of Nexus OS image, i can not able to replicate your Issue.

As per the ERSPAN document there is no VRF supported here. (not sure is this case with you). look at restriction and guidelines.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus7000/sw/system-management/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_System_Management_Configuration_Guide-RI/configuring_erspan.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

thanks Balaji

i didnt find any suspecious except "Layer 3 multicast egress packets cannot be spanned on F2 Series or F2e Series modules." I mirror traffic from the L2 portchannel which carries several VLANs some of which are terminated in the same switch (some VLANs belongs to non-default VRFs). Cisco TAC refused to support the case...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card