Views
Helpful
Replies

N7K Upgrade Sup-01

robertobattisti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an N7k chassis that is under warranty, but I have two SUP-01 supervisors running NX-OS version 05.X, and we want to upgrade them to version 7.X. Is there a way to update, or do we need to switch to SUP-02?

If we need to switch to SUP-2, I found some used ones for sale, but they don't have licenses. How does the licensing work in this case?

Thank you for all your support.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/7_x/nx-os/upgrade/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_7000_Series_NX-OS_Software_Upgrade_and_Downgrade_Guide_Release_7-x.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello, thank you for your response.

I have been reading the document and couldn't find anything specific to my case, especially regarding the licenses. If I replace the SUP-01 supervisors (with my license) with SUP-02 (purchased without a license from the market), how will the licensing work in this situation?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card