cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Named ACL with ip igmp ssm-map static

matthewjwilson
Level 1
Level 1

I just configured SSM mapping on a test network and noticed something interesting: A 7200 series router using IOS 12.4(25d) includes support for using a Named ACL with the "ip igmp ssm-map static" command, as such:

R1#show version | i 12.4
Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-A3JK9S-M), Version 12.4(25d), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
BOOTLDR: 7200 Software (C7200-A3JK9S-M), Version 12.4(25d), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

R1(config)#ip igmp ssm-map static ?

<1-99>  SSM group access list number
   WORD    SSM group named access list

However, a 2691 router using the same version of IOS does not include this support.

R2#show version | i 12.4
Cisco IOS Software, 2600 Software (C2691-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(25d), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
ROM: 2600 Software (C2691-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 12.4(25d), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

R2(config)#ip igmp ssm-map static ?

<1-99>  SSM group access list number

Does anyone know on which platform this support is introduced?

2 Replies 2

skarthic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ip igmp ssm-map static

To enable static Source Specific Multicast (SSM) mappings, use the ip igmp ssm-map static command in global configuration mode. To disable a static SSM mapping, use the no form of this command.

ip igmp ssm-map [vrf vrf-name] static access-list source-address

no ip igmp ssm-map [vrf vrf-name] static access-list source-address

Syntax Description

vrf vrf-name

(Optional) Specifies that the static SSM mapping be applied to the  Multicast Virtual Private Network (MVPN) routing and forwarding (MVRF)  instance specified for the vrf-name argument.

access-list

Access list (ACL) to apply to the static SSM mapping.

source-address

Source address to use for the groups defined in the ACL specified for the access-list argument.

Command Default

No static SSM mappings are configured.

Command Modes

Global configuration (config)

Command History

Release
Modification

12.3(2)T

This command was introduced.

12.2(18)S

This command was integrated into Cisco IOS Release 12.2(18)S.

12.2(18) SXD3

This command was integrated into Cisco IOS Release 12.2(18)SXD3.

12.2(27)SBC

This command was integrated into Cisco IOS Release 12.2(27)SBC.

12.2(33)SRA

This command was integrated into Cisco IOS Release 12.2(33)SRA.

Regards,

Karthic.R.S

Please rate if the post was helpful

Thank you for taking time to reply, but unfortunately that does not answer my question.

I did more testing and found that using a named ACL with the "ip igmp ssm-map static" command is supported on a 3660 router and a 7204 router, but not on a 2651XM, a 2691, a 3825 or a 3845.

I would greatly prefer to use a named ACL for the SSM mapping configuration, but I can't figure out any rhyme or reason as to why a router may or may not support it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: