Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3560G series Switch

zigmonster
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3560G switch that is missing its IOS in the flash:

I cant open a TFTP server to copy a new IOS over to the switch, I can't force it into ROMmon because the breaking sequence doesn't work. I do have another working switch of the same type.

Question 1) how do I force the switch into ROMmon when the breaking sequence isn't working?

Question 2) is there any other way to go about this problem?

My supervisor is swearing up and down that we have to get the switch into ROMmon for this to work, but since we can't even get to ROMmon we can't try his theory.

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hold down the mode button located on the left side of the front             panel, while you reconnect the power cable to the switch.

Release the Mode button after approximately 15 seconds when                           the SYST LED turns solid green.

When you release the Mode                           button, the SYST LED blinks green.

Issue the flash_init command.

then

Issue the load_helper command.

Then follow the xmodem procedure described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_20_se/configuration/guide/swtrbl.html#wp1099467

I downloaded the proper IOS to the computer I use my hyperterminal on. After that I used the hyperterminal to type the comand to send a file to the switch, clicked on the send file button under the transfer tab with the Xmodem option and I'm on my way. Only thing is that I didn't change the bps so its taking about 5 hrs to transfer a 12 mb file so if anyone uses this thread to fix their IOS problem, before you start the transfer, change the bps on the switch and the hyperterminal to something higher than 9600. Thanks for the help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card