cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nat/routing problem (Destination host unreachable)

augustas.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i was following learn tech "Connecting cisco router to DSL Modem with SP configurations" tutorial with which i tried to setup my admin and http server so they could use the given isp router and reach 10.10.10.1 (google). However after following the tutorial my http server cannot ping (request time out) 20.110.24.2 fastEthernet0/0 and the admin pc receives Destination host unreachable when trying to reach it. Both the server and admin pc can reach interface Fa0/1.

How can i diagnose what the problem is ? 

Untitled.png

 Router interface config: 

Untitled.png

Http server configuration:

Untitled.png

Admin:

Untitled.png

I also attached my packet tracer file. Sorry if what i said doesn't make sense i'm new to cisco packet tracer and networking in general. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. 
Also please inform me if this post is in wrong discussions.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

You have mutiple configuration issues that needs to be changed.

• 1841 router2 requires default route pointing to ISP rtr
  • Http Server PT = wrong default gateway
  • PC-PT admin1 = wrong default gateway
  • 2811 first floor router
    fa0/0 wrong addresses ( should be in vlan 10 not 5)
    fa1/1 (duplicate ip address with 1841 router2 fa01/.10 interface)
    fa1/1 cannot be in the same subnet as 1841 router2 which means PC-PT admin1 is discontigous so wont be route properly

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello

You have mutiple configuration issues that needs to be changed.

• 1841 router2 requires default route pointing to ISP rtr
  • Http Server PT = wrong default gateway
  • PC-PT admin1 = wrong default gateway
  • 2811 first floor router
    fa0/0 wrong addresses ( should be in vlan 10 not 5)
    fa1/1 (duplicate ip address with 1841 router2 fa01/.10 interface)
    fa1/1 cannot be in the same subnet as 1841 router2 which means PC-PT admin1 is discontigous so wont be route properly

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi, paul thanks for the quick response. One question regarding wrong default gateway, shouldn't the gateway be the first address for the subnet ? Am i missing something ?

Hello

The default-gateways should be the addresses of whatever L3 iinterface is providing the routing for that subnet, so in your toplogy that would the the sub-interfaces L3 addressing on 1841 router2.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card