Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Cisco Wifi-Router

QasimSaeed3665
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I need your help regarding one solution which we want to deploy in our company. Below are the requirements.

Need Wi-Fi Router which contains hereunder specifications 

1) 4 Ethernet Port (1 POE)

2) Fiber Uplink port 

I checked lots of solutions. Fiber uplink is must required. It would be great anyone can answer this question. Thank you!

Qasim Saeed

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As per your requirement, I hardly see a small range of products which have all in one, maybe 3rd party router may have these features.

If looking to have cisco, RV series SMB product can do, PoE and WIFI - with dual-WAN

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/datasheet-listing.html

Regarding SFP uplink only switches can support this.

I i was you, I buy an SFP uplink that supports uplink and use any RV Series which can meet your requirement. (this switch also support PoE)

Another option, use any RV series router - with Fibre to Ethernet converter adapter and connect to the GIG port of RV

is this works for you - I put the above option thinking cost-effective on your budget?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your input!

Let me share the complete requirement with you. We have deployed Cisco GPON ME4600 there. Its shopping mall along with 5 Star Hotel. We are having difficulties buying new cards for our GPON. That's why we are thinking to swap our guest room from GPON to switching. 

Room Network Requirements

> 1 IP Phone  (1 POE Ethernet)

> 1 Analog Phone (We can manage with Linksys devices through Ethernet Port) (Ethernet)

> 1 Wi-Fi (Build-in prepared)

> IPTV (1 Ethernet)

> BMS Device to control room lighting etc. (1 Ethernet)

Currently, we are using Cisco ONT there. It has built-in Wi-Fi and 4 Ethernet & 2 Analog ports.

I plan to swap GPON to Ethernet network but we have only 1 Single-mode fiber available in room and we cant lay CAT6 there

Thanks for your time to read it! 

Not sure this is in  Dubai, I have deployed more than 10 years back Quad play service like this in Dubai also in India. (not cisco product, some Taiwan based solution).

you need to look for a solution  - (FTTH or FTTP) and ONT

RV series is still a good candidate - you can able to get ONT Mux central end.

or you can look also  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/800-series-routers/models-comparison.html

Note: also suggest contacting a Local cisco partner who can guide you on what is locally available and mixing the solution with others.

BB

Thanks. This mall and hotel exits in Pakistan.

I will let check both options but Cisco 800 series router throughput is 20
Mbps Max which will not fulfil our requirements.

Option B: 

Position a 3560CX between two rooms.  Plug APs and Phones when necessary.

I suggest contact Local Solution partner do for your requirement and upgrade path. if you looking DIY then RV series with media converter (ONT) is best option - since we do not know QTY her, if more than 100+ rooms, contact local integrator help,

this is required local survey what kind of fiber and they can do PoC for testing before you invest on new soltution.

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@QasimSaeed3665 wrote:

1) 4 Ethernet Port (1 POE)

2) Fiber Uplink port 

None.  

If the fibre uplink port is not important, then it is Catalyst 9105 has 3 x ethernet LAN port and 1 copper uplink (PoE) port.

Hi,

A fiber uplink is required. As we have one single fiber mode cable available in guest rooms. There are few Cisco Hospitality Wi-Fi devices available but the only issue regarding Uplink. Thanks for your input

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card