Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help for my little Project

omessadi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi, 

I'm a beginner in using cisco switchs and routeurs. I need help to fix my project. 

I put the information on the diagram. When all the links are up, I can ping 8.8.8.8 behind the routers. But, when I cut the SW, I can't ping anymore.
Also, the standby ip doesn't work on the SW-C (VIP 10.10.0.6/29), nor on the routers (VIP 10.10.0.3/29).
Thanks for your help.

7 Replies 7

Hello,

first of all, you have a duplicate IP address on interface GigabiyEthernet0/1, both switches have IP address 10.10.0.4.

Also, your HSRP does not work because the link that is being used for HSRP is blocked by spanning tree. What instructions are you following, what do you want to accomplish ?

omessadi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thank you for answering me. In the meantime, I changed the connection to both routers to a new VLAN99, which became the native vlan. I no longer have a redundancy problem when I cut the link between SW-C1 and R1, but only to the routers' VIP (10.10.0.3/29).
The current problem is that when I cut the link between SW-C1 and R1, I can no longer ping 8.8.8.8.
I have no instructions, I'm trying to learn, alone.
Thanks again for helping me.
Sincerely

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hello,

you have no routing in place other than static default routes. Use a dynamic routing protocol such as OSPF instead.

omessadi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thank you,

I will find a tutorial to do so.

Do you think the rest of the configuration is correct? 

Hello,

I have added OSPF to all routers, the standby/active flapping has stopped...

omessadi
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thank you.
Can you tell me which version of packet tracer I should use?

Hello 

always use the latest one, as that is backwards compatible with all previous versions...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card