Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help in NTP configuration

Hi Experts,

Need assistance in configuring the ntp....

I have a switch which also serves as a dhcp server to the hosts connected to it.

The switch serves  IP address too the devices connected to it and i would also want it to provide time to the connected devices.

I have an NTP server outside and have configured on the switch. the switch time is now in sync with the ntp server

How do I provide the time to the devices? I tried configuring option 4 and 42 on dhcp but did not help..

Any help with the configuration would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to google and tried few things but did not work either.

-Vijay

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Vijay

If your switch is correctly learning VTP time from an authoritative source then it will act as an VTP server to devices that request NTP from it and you do not need to do any special additional configuration.

What kind of devices are you talking about that need to learn time and is NTP the way that they need to learn time? Most Windows PCs use the Windows Time Service and not NTP. So if you are talking about mostly Windows PCs then NTP on the switch will not be effective.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card