Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help on the Problem statement

vinuthatr1996
Level 1
Level 1
  1. Cyber Security

Problem Statement: Choose a university/college campus and analyze its network topology. Map the network using Cisco Packet Tracer and identify the security controls that are in place, such as network segmentation, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, and authentication and authorization systems. Apply the knowledge gained from the NetAcad cyber security course to conduct an attack surface mapping, aiming to identify potential entry points for cyber-attacks. Propose countermeasures to mitigate these risks.

Tasks:

Campus Network Analysis: Choose a university or college campus and conduct an analysis of its existing network topology, including the layout, devices, and connections.

Network Mapping: Utilize Cisco Packet Tracer to map the network infrastructure, representing the placement and interconnectivity of routers, switches, firewalls, and other relevant network components.

Attack Surface Mapping: Conduct an attack surface mapping exercise to identify potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses within the network architecture and design, considering factors such as unauthorized access, data breaches, and network availability.

Secure Access Controls: Incorporate appropriate security controls (e.g., VLANs, IDP/IPS, VPN, Firewalls, password management, vulnerability management etc.) in your design to enhance security posture.

Deliverables:

Network topology diagram depicting the existing infrastructure and attack surface findings.

Security assessment report highlighting identified security risks, proposed solutions, and countermeasures to mitigate attack surface risks.

SOLUTION:

I tried to complete 1st deliverable. 

I am actually struck in the tasks given above. 

I believe Task 1 and 2 are the 1st deliverable which i have completed. 

Please suggest if I am wrong. 

Need help in completing the project. 

THESE ARE THE ASSUMPTION WHICH I HAVE MADE FOR MY PROJECT.

vinuthatr1996_1-1689233708429.pngvinuthatr1996_2-1689233733458.png

THIS IS THE TOPOLOGY WHICH I HAVE CREATED ON PACKET TRACER. 

vinuthatr1996_3-1689233832441.png

ACTUAL PROBLEM STATEMENT GIVEN

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-10 at 6.49.46 PM.jpeg

8 Replies 8

Hi @vinuthatr1996 

I am not sure about the deliverables and for that I beileve you can seek guidance with your instructor. But, if you attach your project here I can take a look on the topology and make sure all is ok.

Just zip the pkt file first

Hi @Flavio Miranda 

Thanks for your support. 

I have attached the file below please check and update. 

And also please help me in task 3. Apart from that all is done. 

Hi @vinuthatr1996 

I am more like a networking guy and it seems your network is fine as you already told.  For Cyper security I believe you need to use a sniffer to simulate attach and test the network security.

I believe this video can help you to get the tests fone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql3HTPwVRSw

Thank u so much. 

Hi @Flavio Miranda 

I checked at the video. I tried configuring the sniffer to my two routers but I am making a mistake in the configuration, Not able to rectify it.  

Never used either but let me take a look.  Can you share you project with the sniffer on it?

can you help me in task 3 and 4??

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card